Instead of vague resolutions, (lose weight, sew more, etc.) I’ve decided to make a to-do list this year. I may add some items as the year progresses, but I’m already looking forward to checking off the ones I have listed here.
- sugar cookies with royal icing – I’ve done this before, but I’d like to get better at it.
- crepe cake
- petits fours – from Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook
- chocolate eclairs – also from Martha Stewart’s Baking Handbook
- animal cupcakes – Maybe these pandas, but I haven’t decided yet.
- Butterick 4919 – Do I have a formal event to attend in 2013? Nope. Is it possible that I’ll wear this baby to the grocery store? Yep.
- Simplicity 2355 – I’ve made this one already, but I’d like to try it again with more polished results.
- McCall’s 6514 – Already have the fabric!
- Simplicity 2401 – Day, view A.
- McCall’s 6636, 6537, and 5963 – All for my niece. She’ll be born in early March, so these are closer to the top of the list.
- A couple of embroidery projects from Stitched Gifts. One is in progress right now, and I love it. Can’t wait to do more from this inspiring book.
- Continue to learn to tat. I started to learn in mid-2012 but put it aside in favor of other projects.
- I want to complete at least one more charity sewing project this year. I also plan to continue making beds for the animal shelter whenever I have a spare half hour or so.
- A photo a day in 2013. I’m sure you’ve all seen the 365 Photo Challenges all over the Internet. Mine won’t be very formal, (with specific prompts for each day, themes, etc.) but I am eager to improve my photography skills by simply taking more photos.
- More photos of people. I don’t have nearly enough photos of family and friends, so I need to be more diligent about taking photos of the people I love.